Thursday, April 26, 2007

Big Nose Fae Update





Today, I have been working on my Big Nose Fae. Yesterday was spent trying to make the right cloth body for her. After my third attempt and a few cuss words later, I finally got the cloth body the way I wanted it. Hooray! After I stuffed the torso, I made a simple paperclay chest. I glued the wooden dowel for the neck in place. Then I baked it for two hours at 170 degrees Fahrenheit. The approach is to create an inner structure or support system first, then add details. Then I attached the head by slipping it onto the wooden dowel and built up the neck. Next, I created some daring cleavage for her. Now, all that needs to dry. I think I might let it dry naturally for now.

Her hands and feet are in the works as well.

I look forward to completing this fairy. My goal is to sell her on Ebay next Tuesday May 1 or by Sunday May 6.

In the meantime, please check out my auction for Orangeblossom Danderfluff on Ebay. She ends at 7:30 pm Pacific on Tuesday May 1.

No comments: