Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Here are two dolls I was working on just before I busted my leg. Just now I was able to hobble my butt around with the digital camera and snapped some pictures. Oh man how I miss making dolls! At any rate, the head on top was made using Hannie Sarris' tutorial. I really like how this one turned out. The left side of her face is a little too high, but I think I can still fix it. The look I was going for was about a eight to ten year-old girl with the prospect of having a really big nose (tee-hee). I have some soft brown Tibetan lamb's wool just waiting to make her wig. Her eyes are 12mm plastic eyes I ordered from Kemper Dolls. All I need to do now is sculpt some arms and legs. I intend on using a cloth body.
The little doll in the last picture is a prototype of one of my smaller dolls. She measures just under 8 inches. Her head is sculpted out of paperclay and then covered with cloth. I used colored pencils for her eyes, lips and cheeks. Her hair is made from black wefted mohair. Her dress is adapted from a 19th century pattern. This doll also features a cloth body with articulated arms and legs. She certainly represents my more whimsical and slightly dark side. Be sure to click on the pictures for a massive close-up.