Mailing List

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Paperclay Sculpt Update




Here are some photos of the latest progress on this head. I went and fixed a few things such as her right upper eyelid and worked the upper lip. Then I sanded and sanded and sanded some more. I think it is okay for a first attempt at this sort of thing. I have some other pieces in paperclay, but they are about two inches in size. I am more comfortable working on a smaller scale. The head pictured above is about four to five inches. At any rate, I painted three coats of acrylic paint and lightly sanded in between each coat. Next I used watercolor pencils to enhance her eyes, eyebrows and lips. I had the most difficulty with the lips. Originally I wanted to use acrylic paint for the lips, but opted to go with the watercolor pencil. Eh, I don't really like it that much, but have decided to stick with it for now.

I have made her some paperclay hands and a soft-sculpted body. When I have finished sculpting her feet, I will take some more pictures. All in all she will be a twenty-four inch doll and will remain in my personal collection. Stay tuned for more.

No comments: