Mailing List

Friday, August 10, 2007

Baby Fae


One of the suggestions I received the most from my Big Nose Fae critique was she needs to be holding something. My favorite suggestion, the one that intrigued me and felt right, was she should be holding a child. Today, I sculpted a baby head. I am going to attach the head to a cloth body. I have not decided about the baby's hands or feet just yet. The idea of the child wrapped up tight or swaddled is something I am playing around with. We'll just have to see. Stay tuned for more updates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to see that you are documenting your progress on this (amazing!) doll on your blog. I'm doing the same thing with a doll I'm making for my husband, but so far I haven;t made much progress, so I only have photos of the head, hands and feet on my blog. I bought your eye tutorial by the way - very cool! I'm looking forward to experimenting with it, and no longer having to spend a small fortune on glass eyes...