Mailing List

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Beauty and Charm of Teeny the Pug.

Teeny Gallery

Auction Link

Teeny 004


You all know the old saying, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Well, it's true. Most things I find to be pretty, others are quick to say "that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen." I shrug my shoulders and hope someday they will see the light.

For those of you who have visited my blog may already be aware that my tastes are a bit eccentric. I love big noses, fuzzy men and over-bred goldfish.

New Telescope
My God! Just look at that gorgeous little water baby!

Over time, I have come to realize that I am not the only person to feel this way. I think my dolls can be a little ornery and some people like ornery. And, it goes without saying, that I am extremely grateful for it.

Now when I was growing up, my grandmother was given a blond Pekingese puppy. As the puppy grew, this beautiful face emerged. Oh she was a delightful little dog. I loved hearing her snort and watching her curled little tongue bounce up and down when she would pant. So I feel that now it is only natural that I love Pugs. I think I like their faces better than Pekingese only because of the shorter hair and more box-like shape to their heads.

pekingese
Beautiful blond lion!

pug
Such a stoic face.

So this week, I decided to roll around in my weirdness and make a doll which is very close to my heart. My subject is the Pug. My doll, Teeny represents my affection for wall-eyes and wrinkled noses.

Teeny 010


After I published this post, I quickly realized that I forgot to mention my affection for Persian cats. So here is a shout out to those beautiful felines!

BULGARIA Cat 1
What a doll!

tinkles
Let's not forget the cranky and power-hungry villain, Mr. Tinkles from "Cats & Dogs."

9 comments:

Grangry said...

Oh, she's brilliant! and yes, she IS beautiful. For me, it's not pugs, it's the traditional British Bulldog. It's the combination of that face, those Queen Anne forelegs and the dancing gait of the hind limbs.

Coppermouse Dolls said...

Thank you Kay. Yes, I agree that bulldogs have the most charming smile. Well said! Hmmm...perhaps I shall make a little bulldog sometime soon. :)

Unknown said...

Just too lovely!! came across you in a random blog search. May I add you to mine and look in often?
I'm always interested in 'quirky'
Many Thanks
Susie
www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Coppermouse Dolls said...

Indeed, you may. Thank you Susie.

Atticbabys said...

AAAAAAAAAW Melisa, she has got to be the cutest thing I ever did see!!!!
I'm in love~~~~~~~~
Nan

Coppermouse Dolls said...

Thank you sweetie.

Yvette said...

She is just wonderful!!!!
Your dolls are so fun. I just love them! :o)

Lone Pierette said...

Melisa - she is soo sweet - and the FISH !!!!

Coppermouse Dolls said...

Thank you Yvette and Lone. :)