Mailing List

Friday, November 09, 2007

Queen Anne WIP

Here is my latest endeavor. It is a Queen Anne reproduction doll. Well, perhaps reproduction is not quite the right word because I am not carving it out of wood nor am I using glass eyes. I think interpretation would suit it better. So here is my interpretation of a Queen Anne doll. This doll also marks the first time I am using wooden dowels to make a free standing doll. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. For her dress I am going to use my fabric I received for the Treasures of the Gypsies challenge this year. They sent me some lovely purple and green silks and damasks. Purple has a history of favor amongst the regal. I have just finished painting her top coat and I'm about to paint her face. Stay tuned for more pictures of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Queen Anne dolls! Can't wait to see how she turns out (she looks lovely so far.)

Carole said...

hi doll maker. this is my first visit to your blog. i sound you by accident and i am so glad i did. i hope you will visit my website, especially if you love queen anne dolls!
Carole