Mailing List

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Goblin King and Queen WIP

Well as much as I love working with paper clay, I don't like having to wait on it to dry. My base for Usha Mauvais, despite drying out in the oven overnight, still needs to sit a few days before I can sculpt on it. So in the meantime, I decided to make some new eyes. These two characters came about as a result. I don't know if any of you are famaliar with Aleksander Rou's movies, but he is a Russian director who specialized in Russian fairy tales. I love his stuff! I just watched The Golden Horns the other night and there are lots of goblins in the movie along with Baba Yaga. How awesome is that! So I thought to myself, that I have to make some goblins next. Here is the result. Their heads measure roughly an inch and a half. Stay tuned for more pictures of their progress.

2 comments:

sadie pink said...

Dehydraters (the used for making beef jerky and dried fruits) works great drying paper clay.

Coppermouse Dolls said...

I don't have one of those. I just use my oven set on 170 degrees Fahrenheit. It works great!