Mailing List

Friday, December 29, 2006

Tying up loose ends before the year is over.






Here is my Blue Fairy, which is now Blue Pixie. She is up for sale in my Etsy shop. I took off her legs and replaced them with new thighs and button joints. I had a lot of fun making her dress. I melted parts of the organza to soften the skirt egdes and to add interest and texture. Also, the black lace on her black petticoat has been sliced up to "soften the edges" of her skirt. Her bodice is simply gathered broadcloth and to finish I used a wide blue satin ribbon as a waistband. She has black wefted mohair and a curly felt hat. Her hat is inspired by my love of long liripipes worn in the middle ages. I added some Noh eyebrows which from this day I shall refer to nobrows. It is my world and I can have a silly lexicon. :P

In the next few days, I will post pictures of dolls that I started on but put aside for one reason or another. At the moment, I working on some new techniques for the doll competition in Denver. So, please enjoy these photos and as always happy dollmaking.

No comments: