Mailing List

Thursday, June 22, 2006

One for All Doll Challenge

This is my entry for Folk of Art Friends (FOAF) doll challenge. Everyone uses the same pattern, Pioneer Girl, provided by AuntyM. The deadline is July 9th, but I went on ahead got started. This doll marks the first time I have used mohair to make a wig. I loved how it has turned out. My doll does not have a name yet. I was thinking of Molly or Hannah; the latter is one of my personal favorites. She still needs some minor tweaking and I would like to make a tiny doll or stuffed animal for her to hold. FOAF is a group of wonderful ladies on eBay. If you want to see their work, just type "FOAF" in the search box on eBay.
Now that it is getting close to July, sales on eBay are pretty slow. Things should pick up in September when school starts up again. In the meantime, I am only making one doll a week. "Pioneer Girl" will be up for auction on eBay on July 9th at 5pm Pacific time. Be sure to bid so you can take her home with you.

No comments: